What We Believe
We are an Assembly of God Church and affirm the Sixteen Fundamental Truths of our Fellowship.
1. WE BELIEVE The Scriptures are inspired by God and declare His design and plan for mankind.
2. WE BELIEVE There is only One True God - revealed in three persons . . . Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
(commonly known as the Trinity).
3. WE BELIEVE In the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ . As God's son Jesus was both human and divine.
4. WE BELIEVE though originally good, man willingly fell to sin - ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual
into the world.
5. WE BELIEVE every person can have restored fellowship with God through salvation (accepting Christ's offer of
forgiveness for sin).
6. WE BELIEVE and practice two ordinances; (1) Water Baptism by immersion after repenting of one's sins and
receiving Christ's gift of salvation, and (2) Holy Communion (the Lord's Supper) as a symbolic remembrance
of Christ's suffering and death for our salvation.
7. WE BELIEVE the baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers
for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
8. WE BELIEVE the initial physical evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit is ‘Speaking in Tongues,' as experienced
on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
9. WE BELIEVE sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but
also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and
become more Christlike.
10. WE BELIEVE The Church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church' is the
Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God's offer or redemption
(regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His son Jesus Christ.
11. WE BELIEVE a divinely called and scripturally ordained leadership ministry serves the Church. The Bible teaches
that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other
believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers - the Church.
12. WE BELIEVE divine healing of the sick is a privilege for christians today and is provided for in Christ's atonement
(His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
13. WE BELIEVE in The Blessed Hope - When Jesus raptures His Church prior to His return to Earth (the second
coming). At this future moment in time all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the
Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
14. WE BELIEVE in The Millennial Reign of Christ when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins
His benevolent rule over earth for 1,000 years. At that time many in the nation of Israel will recognize and
accept Him as the Messiah, the Savior who died for them and all mankind.
15. WE BELIEVE A Final Judgment will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their
sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
16. WE BELIEVE and look forward to the perfect New Heavens and a New Earth that Christ is preparing for all
people, of all time, who have accepted Him. We will live and dwell with Him there forever following His millennial
reign on Earth. ‘And so shall we forever be with the Lord!'
This list is derived from the official Statement of Fundamental Truths of the Assemblies of God.
Peace Way Christian Center
Spring Valley Assembly of God, Inc.
Schedule of Services
Sunday Morning: 8:00 am-9:00 am (In the Chapel) and 11:30 am - 12:45 pm (In the Sanctuary)
Kidz Church and Nursery is @ 11:30 am Service
Missionettes, Royal Rangers, Youth, and Adult Bible Study
Wednesday Night: 7:00 pm (In the Sanctuary)
Youth Group (Salt N Light)
Sunday Night: 6pm (In the Chapel)
Make a donation using PayPal: